E N S E M B L E (7 TO 20 PLAYERS)
- Flamingly, 2023, 13 mins - fl, ob, bcl, asax, hn, 2perc, hp, pf, 2vn, va, vc
- Igerthi, 2023, 20 mins - fl, ob, cl, bn, hn, trp, trb, 1perc, hp, strings & solo piano (Piano concerto)
- Blue Bird, Rev. 2022 (2020), 7 mins - clarinet choir (16 performers: ecl, 10 cl, acl, 2 bcl, ccl, db)
- Animato di piu, 2005, 8 mins - cl, bn, hn, 2vn, va, vc, db
- The Light of the World, 2003, 9 mins - 12 solo strings
- The Adoration of the Kings, 2002, 10 mins - fl, ob, mand, gui, hp, perc, vc, db
- Aube, 2000, 7 mins - fl/picc, cl, bn, pf, 4vn, 2va, 2vc, db
2018, 9 mins - fl, cl, trb, perc, pf, vn, vc
Elevatus is scored for flute, clarinet, trombone, piano, vibraphone, violin, and violoncello. It received its first performance by Ensemble Mise-en under the direction of Moon Young Ha on 17 May 2018 at The Cell in New York (NY).
The inspiration for this piece is based on the fresco L'Ascensione (c.1305, The Scrovegni Chapel in Padua, Italy) by Florentine artist Giotto di Bondone.
Descending Flow - Gayageum Concerto
2005, 9 mins - fl/picc, ob, cl/bcl, perc, pf, vn, va, vc, db & gayageum
Descending Flow is scored for Gayageum and ensemble (flute/piccolo, oboe, clarinet/bass clarinet, percussion, piano, violin, viola, cello and double bass) and was composed during the spring of 2005. It was commissioned by the International Isang Yun Music Society in Germany and was first performed by the Kammerensemble Neue Musik Berlin and Jiyoung Yi under the direction of Roland Kluttig on 24 September 2005 at the Konzerthaus in Berlin, Germany. It lasts for 9 minutes.
I would like to express my gratitude to Jiyoung Yi for her encouragement and support over the composition of Descending Flow.
The work was performed at Konzerthaus (Berlin/Germany), Gewandhaus (Leipzig/Germany), St Andrew’s on The Terrace (Wellington/New Zealand), Keumho Art Hall (Seoul/Korea), and Danube University Krems (Krems/Austria).
In 2010, Descending Flow recorded by Extraordinary Stroma, is included in a Aurora Australis’ CD on Atoll label by Asia Pacific Festival 2007.
Animato di piu
2005, 8 mins - cl, bn, hn, 2vn, va, vc, db
Animato di più was commissioned by the TIMF ensemble and received its first performance by the TIMF ensemble on 28 December 2005. It lasts for 8 minutes.
The work was awarded to the Third Prize at the Chamber Music Seinäjoki Composition Competition in Finland.